On these cold winter nights, I’m finding myself craving spicy foods! Are you?
Curries, soups and chillies were just some of the things that were bubbling away on the stove last week and over the weekend I found myself with a few spare carrots. Not enough to do something big with, but just enough for my no waste carrot bhajis!
This little nibbles are quick, simple and perfect as a side to curries or just as a snack!
Serve them with a side salad or my personal favourite, mango chutney!
- 2 large carrots – grated
- 60g chickpea or plain flour
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 tsp of nigella seeds
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Frying pan
This meal was made listening to Stephen Fry’s Mythos and eaten with a large spoonful of mango chutney!
Let’s get cooking!
- Grab your bowl and add all of your ingredients except the oil to it. Mix until there’s no lumps.
- Put your frying pan over a medium heat and add enough oil to cover the base.
- Test the oils hot enough by adding some of the mixture. If it sizzles and bubbles, you’re good to go!
- Add tablespoon dollops and fry until golden on each side. Normally around 2 to 3 mins each side.
Send me your creations!
I love seeing your creations! So please send them to email@example.com or tag me on Instagram @therebalancechef