Over the past week we’ve covered everything you need to make this delicious herby salad!
This salad works well at any time of the year and it’s great for packed lunches as well. I always make my dressing and put in a separate pot if I’m on the go.
I’m going to give you rough guidelines based on a standard servings for two, but this is a great opportunity to try practicing what your portion sizes are.
- 300g roast chicken (try using the thighs and leg for extra flavour)
- 150g cooked wild rice
- 3 handfuls of spinach (chopped)
- 1/3 cucumber (diced)
- 2 salad tomatoes (diced)
- A handful of fresh herbs including parsley, mint and basil (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp of balsamic vineger
- 1/2 tsp of honey
- Salt and pepper
- Lidded glass jar or a bowl and whisk
- Large stoneware or glass bowl
- Chopping board
- Chef’s knife
Putting It All Together!
- Make your dressing by putting the oil, vinegar, honey and a little salt and pepper in your jar and shake until combined.
- In your large bowl, add your spinach, cucumber, tomato, herbs, pumpkin seeds and torn chicken. Mix through.
- When you’re ready to serve, drizzle over the dressing and enjoy!
We’re in to the final stretch of our cookery challenge and we’ll be going in to baking and grow your own.
The main point of this challenge is to have fun with it, learn new skills and refresh old ones.
I want to see your creations so don’t forget to tag me and show off what you’ve been doing!
I’m taking part in the Rebalance May Cookery Challenge! Check it out here http://www.therebalancechef.co.ukTweet